Monday, September 19, 2011

Winners for Sketch Challenge #2

It’s been an another amazing week at Freshly Made Sketches! Thanks to Ann Schach for joining us and sharing her beautiful design. Choosing winners from 60 fabulous entries was not an easy task but our Clean Team has decided!

Read on to meet our "Perfect Princesses" and our "Queen of Clean"!

Lesley's Choice
Holly of HOLLYBEARY Creations


This week my eye kept being drawn to Holly's sweet design. First of all, I love that she used the baby designer paper for her colour inspiration. The polka dots are both crisp and colourful! The stamped images were individually coloured and stamped...I love that look...it always adds such wonderful interest. My favourite part is the scrunchy ribbon, it is super pretty and adds such a nice element to this lovely card! Congrats Holly on being a "Perfect Princess" this week!


Rita's Choice

I don't even know where to start with my list of things that I love about Susan's spectacular card. From the ruffled ribbon to the adorable little tag, it is such a great card. I love her gorgeous flowers, the little blue pearls, and the lovely flourishes stamped on the background. It is a perfect clean, yet NOT so simple card. Congratulations, Susan, on being my choice for "Perfect Princess" this week.

Tui's Choice

I loved this card as soon as I saw it .... how super cute and adorable is this little fella in the image, he is totally tuckered out and is in heaven, take a look at his "oh, contented" little face, and to cap it off a word-perfect sentiment - it truly says it all doesn't it!!!
Apart from the cute image, I love Pam's colouring, she has captured those strawberries and made them look very delectable, the shading and highlights are well done and I love the simplicity that the twine adds as a soft subtle feature. Congratulations Pam on being my choice for the "Perfect Princess" this week!!!

 

Ann's Choice

From the moment I saw Kim's card, I was struck by its elegant simplicity. The Cherry Cobbler paired with Crumb Cake is a fabulous color combination. I love how the dotted background coordinates with the berries on the wreath. Of course, the trio of buttons with the tiny tag is the perfect touch. Congrats, Kim! I am proud to name you as my choice for a "Perfect Princess"!

Jen's Choice

I absolutely loved the colors that Tracey chose for her card. The Crumb Cake layer on top of the Early Espresso is a color combo that drew my eye right away. And the paper piercing on the Crumb Cake layer is a perfect way to add some dimension. And on top of that Tracey colored the stamped image with wonderful soft colors that are highlighted by that sweet butterfly. Congratulations, Tracey, on being a Perfect Princess this week!


It wasn't easy picking the "Queen of Clean" this week! All of the designs were gorgeous but I kept going back to this beautiful creation from Kathy Tanner.......


Linda's Choice

Kathy’s fabulous use of white space around her image is outstanding! Her design of Rich Razzleberry and white embossed leaves is stunning! The tiny tag and the touch of Old Olive are perfect finishing touches. Her card is clean and beautifully crafted! Congratulations Kathy for being the “Queen of Clean” this week at Freshly Made Sketches!


Thank you for joining us! On Wednesday we will be back with Sketch #3 and another Featured Designer.


7 comments:

Pam~ said...

Congrats to all the winners! Tui, you have made my day! Thank you for the kind words! Looking forward to the new sketch!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

WOW! Thanks so much for making me the Queen this week. It will give my family a good laugh that I have been named Queen of "Clean" (I am definitely not that at all around the house - maybe because I am too busy stamping!)
Anyway I am truly honoured. Thanks so much Linda for choosing my card :) And thanks Lesley for a wonderful sketch and all the fantastic inspiration from the design team.

LeAnne said...

Congrats to all the winners...they are superb!

My Creative Side said...

Thank you Jen!!! you are too kind. This made my morning!!!! Congrats everyone, they are all gorgeous!!

hollybeary creations said...

Wow Thank you for picking me as a Perfect Princess.. I'm getting the hang of this Clean stamping! I'm so excited... All of the winners cards are gorgeous..

None None said...

Congratulations to all the winners! Such gorgeous cards indeed!

Lauri said...

Beautiful cards!!! Great choices!!