Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekly Winners

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  The Clean Team has chosen the Princesses for you this week and Jen Mitchell has chosen her Queen!   
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Cindy's Choice
Denise Marzec of The Paper Landscaper
 
Isn't this just the most adorable card?  First, I just love the stamp and the coloring.  The fine detail work in cutting it out for the main focal point is superb!  The choice of DSP and elements couldn't have been any better to make this such an overall really sweet card.  Congratulations, Denise!   You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Linda's Choice
This eye-catcher proves that beautiful cards speak their own language!  I love the artsy embroidered bunny!  The soft colors on the rest of the card form the perfect background.   The paper piercing and texture add interest and detail. The white space is so effective and adds to the fresh, modern look.  Congratulations marciulaTOja for being a Perfect Princess this week!

Jennifer's Choice
Tracey at My Creative Side

This week's gallery was so full of inspiration!  As I looked through the beautiful work, I was drawn back to Tracey's card again and again.  Something about that Crumb Cake base with the stitching!  I love how her thread wrapped around the horizontal layer mimics the stitching.  Then there is that wonderful rock-n-roll flower!  Wow!  The pearls really were the perfect final touch (aren't they always?!).  Congratulations, Tracey, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Lesley's Choice
I love Linda's pretty card this week!  It reminded me of an April Cornell pattern, so bright and fresh!  A wonderful use of papers and embellishment. That main image is breathtaking and the simple sentiment is absolutely precious! Congratulations Linda on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Tui's Choice
Oh my goodness …. how stunningly gorgeous is this creation by Donna!  I was captivated when I set eyes on this beauty, the simple CAS design, the clean styling and … “how did she do that” technique!  Well … it is called selective embossing and it is just that, embossing select areas of your card …  love the layered heart with the red glimmer paper and the simple addition of a single strand of twine ….  Whose heart wouldn't be captured by this sweet Valentine!  Congratulations Donna on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Rita's Choice

With this baby, I've developed a bit of an obsession with pale yellow.   Allisa's beautiful card really jumped out at me with the gorgeous colors and amazing styling.   That yellow bow is just so fabulous!   Combine that with a yummy flower and a bit of bling and you have a winner for sure!   Congratulations, Allisa, on being my Perfect Princess for the week.


Jen Sanne's Choice
Narelle of Stampilicious


Narelle's card is perfectly fresh!  I love her color choice and her use of a tag for her focal image.  A wonderful take on this week's sketch! Congratulations Narelle on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week.


Nina's Choice

So many fabulous cards to chose from this week but I love Janet's card for this week's sketch challenge. The beautiful border is fabulous against the bold red. The heart with its layers stands out nicely and the ribbon and pearls are a perfect finish.  Congratulations Janet on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week.

And Our Queen of Clean this week:

Jen's Choice

What an amazing gallery this week!  I think every week it gets harder and harder to pick a favorite, but I kept coming back to this card from Angela.  The wonderful colors drew my eye right away.  The designer paper is all about flowers and they are beautifully illustrated with those unusual earthy colors.  Then she highlighted those flowers and brought the whole card together with the fabulous water-colored image.  The image is soft, yet it is striking and grabs my attention all at the same time!  Congratulations Angela, on being my choice for Queen of Clean this week!


Thank you to everyone who joined in.  Be sure to join us tomorrow for another great sketch from the very talented Jen Mitchell.

5 comments:

Allisa said...

Rita, thanks so much for picking my card! There was a ton of awesome talent this week! Everyone did a great job with the sketch. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for tomorrow!

My Creative Side said...

Thanks so much Jennifer for choosing my card this week!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, CINDY!...thank you SO MUCH for picking my card. I'm so honored! :)

Linda Suarez said...

Lesley, thanks for picking my card! I am stunned! I had so much fun making it and it was my first submission to Freshly Made Sketches. Awesome! I love your sketches and look forward to playing every week I can.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Thanks for making me a Perfect Princess this week! I love coming back for your sketches every week - great inspiration