Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Winners for Sketch #16 from Tui Nathan

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  We were blown away by all the wonderful submissions this week!  The Clean Team has chosen some talented Princesses for you this week and Tui has chosen her Queen!   

The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:


Lesley's Choice

I am a sucker for greens and browns...especially "sage" greens. Allisa's pretty card is so well balanced and fresh! I love the pretty fussy cut flowers and the simple sentiment. What a great card and she finished off the inside as well!  Congratulations Allisa on being my choice for a Perfect Princess this week.

Cindy's Choice
LeAnne of WeeInklings

[DSCF0458%255B3%255D.jpg]

LeAnne's use of color, Designer Series Papers and elements is perfect in this card.  I love the butterflies in white that are given color with a brad and matching background paper.  The oval frame with the piece of polka dot-textured paper gives additional pizzazz to the focal point.  Although LeAnne's card has lots of attention to fine details, she doesn't lose the uncluttered and Freshly Made aspect of her creation.  Congratulations, LeAnne!  You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Jen M's Choice

I just love the rustic look of Susan’s card.  The stitched polka dotted designer paper is framed beautifully by the distressed layer of Old Olive cardstock.  I’ve always loved those Trendy Trees and they look fabulous cut out with the tag punch.  And I couldn’t possibly forget to mention that fantastic corrugated cardboard behind those wonderful trees.  It’s got a great rustic look all on its own and finishes off this card perfectly!  Congratulations Susan, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Linda's Choice

We had an amazing number of fabulous creations at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  This clean and crisp beauty was designed by Tara Murphy.  I love how she thought outside the box and used hearts and a sentiment for her three central images!  Her colors are non-traditional and fresh - perfectly set off by white space.  The patterned hearts and sweet ribbons are wonderful details!   Congratulations Tara on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Rita's Choice
Anne at Carte A Tout
Isn't Anne's card gorgeous?   I have been stuck on Valentine's Day cards lately and craving strawberries so much, so her creation was just a bit of heaven for me.  :)   I love the little heart border across the card and those yummy looking strawberries are just perfect to show some love.   The bitty button and baker's twine are the perfect accents to finish it all off.   Congratulation, Anne, and being my Perfect Princess for the week!

Jennifer's Choice


It is obvious that everyone loved Tui's sketch as much as the team did!  Wow!  As I oohed and aahed my way through the entries, I kept coming back to this lovely purple beauty.  The use of the DSP on both the focal and crossing panels is wonderful.  The placement of the butterflies really makes them stand out!  And I love the little extras...the brads and the bling!  Congratulations Jen on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Jen Sannes' Choice


I love the bright bold colors and those adorable felt hearts.  The stitching adds just the right touch! Congratulations Dawn, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Nina's Choice

 


There were so many fantastic cards to choose from. I kept going back to the card that Kim S created,  the red and gray colour combination is a perfect for the clean lines and I love the homemade buttons. Congratulations Kim, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


And Our Queen of Clean this week:

Tui's Choice
Wow ... what a fabulous response to our sketch this week "Thank You".  And what an extremely difficult decision to make, I was torn left, right and centre, but after much too-ing and fro-ing I settled on this Easter Patchwork card by Amy.
It definitely ticked all the boxes for me, a gorgeous array of colours, patterns and textures. The patchwork squares and faux stitiching so beautifully created, the half embossed centre panel adding such a fresh crisp feel, the soft sparkly trio of eggs and the pretty organza ribbon to tie it all together! Beautiful in every way!
Congratulations Amy on being the Queen of Clean this week!


Thank you to everyone who joined in.  Be sure to join us tomorrow for another great sketch from the lovely Rita Wright.

7 comments:

Allisa said...

Thanks so much for picking my card! I loved this sketch!

LeAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeAnne said...

Thanks, Cindy, for choosing my card (even though it wasn't really CLEAN) and congrats to all the winners!

Michelle said...

great choices! really loved LeAnne's!

Anne Laflamme said...

Oh my Good, I'm so happy to see my card for Perfect Princess.... You make me cry...

Thanks... and all others cards are beautiful to..

Sorry for my englis...

Merci

Tara Bourgoin said...

Thank you for selecting my card for Perfect Princess amongst all these gorgeous entries! I loved this sketch so much I saved it for future reference! :)

Katy said...

Congrats to the winners! Awesome cards!!