Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Winners for Lesley's "Seeing Double" Sketch

Wow! What an amazing week!! Thank you to everyone who joined us for our last sketch challenge!  The Clean Team has chosen the Princesses for you this week and I have chosen the Queen! 
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Cindy's Choice
Karen Squires from Stampin' By The Bay



Karen has carried her nautical theme perfectly throughout the card, from the DSP and color choices to the embellishments to create an absolutely masculine Valentine's Day card.  The coloring of the main image is stunning, too.  Congratulations, Karen!  You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!




Linda's Choice
Karen from Simply Frenzied





This card made me smile right away!  I don't know if it was the unexpected black flower or the pop of red!  Either way the results are eye-catching!  The offset letters, the unusual frame and the crinkled petals all add to the whimsical charm of this card.  I found it very unique - and definitely freshly made! Congratulations Karen on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Jen's Choice


And this card made me smile!  I don't know what drew me more, the fantastic combination of blue and green, the interesting texture from the stitching and the rhinestone bling, or Jen's spot-on coloring of the image!  But I know for sure that the fun image is purrfect!  (Sorry, I couldn't resist)!  Just look at the face on that crafty fellow!  Fun, fun!  Congralulations Jen on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Jennifer's Choice
Deb from ARTfelt Impressions


What an amazing variety of cards this week!  I have to say that something about this clean beauty really caught my eye.  The pretty banner look to the double panels, the white space and that fabulous flower all combine to make a fantastic card.  The little brad in the center of the flower is just adorable and sets it off perfectly.  Congratulations Deb on being my Perfect Princess this week!

Tui's Choice
Doesn’t this card just make you wanna go “yee haa” … that is exactly what I did when I laid eyes on these fabulous cards … not only are the papers bright and happy, but that lasso swinging cowboy in the background and the awesome “Big Day” sentiments are the perfect way to celebrate any young budding cowboy and lasso roping youngster.  Congratulations Linda on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Rita's Choice
Candace of Candid Candace

Who wouldn't have the happiest of Valentine's Day when receiving this lovely card?!  I love the fun mix of black, white, red, and pink.   The designer papers and embossed background are just gorgeous.  I love the overflowing bucket of hearts; what a beautifully colored image!   The bow and the bling finish off this beauty just perfectly.   Congratulations, Candace, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Kim's Choice
Sandra at Sandra's Stamping Spot



I am in love with Sandra's card because it shows that a very vintage/antique look can be accomplished on a fairly simple card. Sandra's rich background with the splatters on the music, her choice of embossing folder and her sponged die cut all give it that vintage look.  The pop of pinks, lavenders and greens from those beautifully colored flowers keep it cheerful and celebratory.  Sandra, I am proud to pick you as my Perfect Princess this week!



Tracey's Choice
Marilyn of Paper Dreams

It was such a difficult decision this week! wow, all the cards were amazing!!!  Marilyn's card is just so adorable! I love the gorgeous coloring she did on the elephant.  The colors Marilyn chose, the beautiful big bow!!  It stood out to me right away.  And, I absolutely LOVE that little hearts border in black! SO cute! Congratulations Marilyn, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

And Our Queen of Clean this week:


Lesley's Choice
Diane Oliver of Rubber n' Rafters



As soon as I visited Diane's blog I knew this card was special! Firstly, her imaginative take on the sketch was awesome. The curvy lines, created by the SU! border dies, really looked cool! I also love the colours she chose, the softness of the blue paired with the poppy red.  The soft stamping of the birds behind the sentiment was also a lovely touch!  Congratulations Diane on being my choice for the Queen of Clean this week! 

Thank you to everyone who played along with us last week!  Please join us tomorrow for a sketch from wonderful Jennifer Timko!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Lesley

8 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

Thanks for a great sketch last week! And thanks Tui for choosing my cards! So awesome! I love Freshly Made sketches!

Danielle Daws said...

Wow, what a beautiful selection of cards! Congrats everyone!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Congratulations Diane on being this weeks Queen of Clean and to all the Perfect Princess too! Thanks for picking my card this week, Kim :)

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats to the winners, PRETTY Cards ladies!

Unknown said...

Thanks for picking my card this week, Cindy. Congrats to all the other Perfect Princess too! A big Congrats to Diane for Queen of Clean. It was a great sketch.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMG! Thanks sooooooo much for making my day! I am honored to be picked for this challenge. It's just what I needed to help me through this extremely stressful time at work this week.... you made me SMILE! Thanks again. Hugs

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

I wanted to say Congratulations to ALL the winners for this challenge.. Truely wonderful cards.... I'm sure I'll be CASEing a few too. hugs.

Karen said...

I am so delighted you choose my card as a Perfect Princess this week. It was my first time playing along with FMS and I'll have to say...so much talent and inspiration on this blog, I know I'll be checking back often. Congrats to all the other winners.