Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Winners of Sketch #23-Tui's Sketch

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  Wow …. What a fantastic turnout of participants this week and a terrific array of cards, thank you to everyone for we were totally inspired by your beautiful works of art!  The Clean Team has chosen the Princesses for you this week and Tui has chosen her Queen!   
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Linda's Choice
Sara at My Little Paper Addiction

Cool colors and a fabulous pop of orange caught my eye right away on Sara's card!  I love the clean lines of this card.  It is simple yet stunning!  The loop of ribbon and the tiny orange button are sweet details.  And the center of the flower completes the design perfectly!  Definitely freshly made!  Congratulations Sara on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Jen's Choice
Hannelie at Desert Diva
I can’t resist a clean and simple card with a big pop of color, so I was drawn to Hannelie’s card right away.  The artful way she stamped the flowers combined with the hint of black accent is an attention grabber for sure.  And the long line of black rhinestones is a fantastic addition.  Congratulations Hannelie on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Jennifer's Choice
What can I say?  I can't resist a neutral palette!  When I saw Jen's card this week I was so impressed with the lovely details.  That gorgeous print on the dsp, the texture behind the image and then there are those butterflies.  Another thing I can't seem to resist is a butterfly!  The pearls add a touch of elegance and the black ribbon is a wonderful finishing touch.  Congratulations, Jen, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Rita's Choice
Laurie of On the Bright Side
Being from Texas, I think it was impossible for me NOT to pick this fun card.   I love the sweet image so much.  Laurie did an amazing job coloring it; it coordinates so perfectly with the striped designer paper.   I love the sketch flipped on its side like this too!   The sentiment is a hoot and makes me smile every time I look at it.   It is just a great card for kids and was made for such a wonderful cause.  Congratulations, Laurie, on being my Perfect Princess for the week!  

Tracey's Choice
Andrea of Scrap- und Stempelblog
Who could resist a baby card?! I fell completely in love with Andrea's card this week.  How adorable is this stamp set!  She did an amazing job coloring in the images!  The colors just pop on this card. I love how Andrea flipped the sketch as well.  The brads on the side add a beautiful touch.  This card will go into my bookmarks for case'ing, if I can get my hands on this stamp set! Thanks for the inspiration!!  Congratulations, Andrea, you are my choice forPerfect Princess this week!


Kim's Choice
Allisa of Rocky Mountain Paper Crafts
Allisa says that this is her first time coloring an entire image with Copics.  Wow!  I am seriously impressed.  And she is using her first digital image!  I love this card in so many ways.  I love the yellow centers surrounded by the vibrant reddish/orange.   I love the script background and her use of the same script on the white squares.  The simple black bow and brads are a perfect final touch.  I am honored to choose Allisa as my Perfect Princess.


And Our Queen of Clean this week:

Tui's Choice
 Sue of Crafting the Day Away
As I browsed through the gallery, the one card that captivated and stood out for me was this gorgeous creation of Sue’s.  I am loving silhouettes at the moment, and this moonlit Japanese geisha really is a beauty, the brayered background has been executed really well, the moon and the white embossing of the Japanese characters adds a lovely crispness to the design and finally the multi-shades of blue brought a smile to my face, cos it was the blue paint samples that I had in hand when this sketch was devised in my head!  Oh, and not to mention the understated trio of buttons for a touch of texture and dimension!  Congratulations Sue for being my choice for Queen of Clean this week!

Thank you for joining us last week!  We will be back tomorrow with a brand new sketch from Rita Wright!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
The Clean Team

6 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Congratulations to ALL the winners. They are all beautiful and the Queen of Clean's card is gorgeous! hugs

Betty Benton said...

Well, this is a super batch of cards to be highlighted this week! Congrats to one and all!

Allisa said...

Thanks so much for picking my card this week! The card was a huge step outside of my comfort zone!

Susie said...

Wow! All gorgeous cards. Congrats to the winners.

Sue Wieberg said...

Thank you so much! This made my week. I recently painted the interior of my entire house. For the bedrooms I chose a lighter blue. When I saw the story behind this sketch I was totally inspired. I must admit though, I did have a few flashbacks to the hundreds of paint swatches I had sitting around my house. :-) Thanks again. Have a super week!

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Thanks so much for making me a princess for a week :) It made me smile to see my project up there.
Thank you ladies for giving us such great sketches each week and keeping us inspired!