Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winners for Challenge #11, Linda's Sketch

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  We were blown away by all the wonderful submissions this week!  The Clean Team has chosen some talented Princesses for you this week and Linda has chosen her Queen!  Please note that due to some unforeseen circumstances, Lesley will be adding her choice at a later date.  


The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

**Edited to add**

Lesley's Choice for Sketch #11-Michelle
Due to an unforseen personal issue that arose on Monday, I was unable to post my choice for a Perfect Princess on Tuesday. I would like to announce my choice right now for Sketch #11. I was drawn to Michelle's lovely card. The colour combo, the elegance of the ornament and her superb colouring of the poinsettia all made this such a pretty Christmas card! I love the pearls and the scallops too...finished off with the embossed back panel, this card is truly special! Congratulations Michelle on being my choice for Perfect Princess.
Christy Q's choice
Nancy G at My Sweet Gatherings
Nancy’s card drew my attention because I loved how she flipped the sketch the other way. I also loved the gorgeous stitching detail she added around the center panel. The overall feel of her card evokes a warm, country feel with the plaid patterned paper and the twine topping off that cute little button. Congratulations, Nancy, on being my pick for Perfect Princess this week!
Seriously, how cute is this card?   I absolutely adore it and think it is PERFECT for our upcoming holiday!   I love the mix of colors and that image?   Adorable!    Laurie did such an amazing job with her coloring, embossing, and layering!   I love every single detail!   Congratulations, Laurie, on being my Perfect Princess for the week!
Jen M's Choice
Vicki at All I Do Is Stamp
The first thing that caught my eye about Vicki’s card was the classic color scheme of blue, silver and white.  Then I went in for a closer look and was captivated by all the embossing.  The snowflakes set the stage for a wintry card, but the dots on the poinsettia are what I really love.  What a great way to add texture!  Then she finished it all off beautifully with a wonderful sentiment and a bit of red and white bakers twine.  Congratulations Vicki, on being a Perfect Princess this week!


Jen T's Choice

Mona Pendleton of Cupcake's Creations

Now maybe it is because I have been in the heart of holiday card season but the colors of Mona's card really caught my attention.  Then, when I took a closer look I started noticing the lovely details.  Was it the stitching or the lovely little border?  Was it that fabulous paper or the button topping the cupcake?  Maybe the bow...with a pearl (I can't resist a bow!)!  Really, it is all of it put together perfectly in this lovely birthday treat!  Congratulations, Mona, for being my pick for Perfect Princess this week! 


Cindy's Choice
Bronwyn Eastley of AddINKtive Designs
While there was no shortage of terrific cards to choose from this week, Bronwyn's creation was a hands-down winner for me.  Her design is brilliant with the woven focal point made of both paper and ribbon.  It lends to a real home-spun feel with the addition of the white daisy and the fine attention to detail extends even to the rounded corners.  This is one gorgeous work of art!  Congratulations, Bronwyn!  You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Tui's Choice
Arielle Gordon of Snappy Stampin w/Arielle
How irresistable is this adorable little skater girl!  I was captured and won over by this sweet image and Arielle's colouring is just superb.  The textured background, and the colour palette is so fresh, clean and crisp and the pop of blue has a lovely pretty feel, not to mention the simple elegance of that ruffled ribbon and the single button for a beautiful finishing touch!  Congratulations Arielle on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Lauri's Choice

What a beautiful way to show off the DSP from Spice Cake.  LIbby made a great choice with her selection of More Mustard and Early espresso.  She has created a lovely, classic monochrome card!  This is a wonderful sentiment and I especially love how she highlights it as her focal image.  This is a card anyone would love to receive and will treasure as a Thanksgiving memento!  Congratulations, Libby on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

And Our Queen of Clean this week:
 Linda's Choice
Ann Schach at The Stamp Schach

Ann Schach is known for her distressed, vintage designs but I have to say she "cleans up" very well!  This scene is gorgeous - beautifully layered and textured!  The snow glistens and sparkles - definitely a "fresh" snowfall :)  Her trademark pearls underline the beautiful winter scene and her buttoned up bow with jingle bells is the perfect holiday accent!   Congratulations Ann on being The Queen of Clean this week!

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Thanks, Cindy and the rest of the team - you made my day. I feel so 'chuffed' to be one of your picks for the week.

Ann Schach said...

Thank you, Linda, for selecting me as the Queen of Clean this week. Your sketch was absolutely fabulous, and the work of the Design Team was so inspiring! You have made my day! And congrats to the other winners! It is an honor to be selected alongside these talented designers!

Nancy Guse said...

THANK YOU Christy Q's for choosing my card. I am absolutely thrilled, you made my day!! YIPPY!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What beautiful cards! Thank you Jen for choosing mine and thanks to the entire DT for wonderful samples!