Monday, November 14, 2011

Winners for Challenge #10-Rita's Sketch

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge! We were blown away by all the wonderful submissions again! The Clean Team has chosen some talented Princesses for you this week and Rita has chosen her Queen...


The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:
Tui's Choice:
What is there not to love about this adorable card. Not only is this a sweet image but Chupa’s colouring is superb – look how vibrant and eye catching that blue is, it simply captures the attention and draws you into the scene! I am also attracted to the design detailing, from the textured clouds to the tiny snowflakes, sparkly glitter and the simple addition of a solitary button to keep things visually balanced. A beautiful card that would delight any recipient! Congratulations Chupa on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Christy Q's choice:
Everything about Jodene's card is eye-catching - the bright (non-traditional) colors she used, the reindeer patterned paper, the sentiment panel and the black border immediately drew my eye to her card. I love how she used the Melon Mambo ink for the reindeer in her middle panel and then stamped the sentiment on top. Very striking, indeed! Congratulations, Jodene, for being my pick for "Perfect Princess" this week!

Jen M's choice:

The fresh colors and clean and simple design of Jen’s card drew my eye right away. The polka dotted layers add some interesting texture and I love how she popped up the Pool Party layer. The stars are so simple and yet they add a fun bit of whimsy to the card and go perfectly with the sentiment. Congratulations Jen, on being a Perfect Princess this week!
 

Jen T.'s Choice:
Carrie of Artistic Avenger

Fall colors are some of my favorites so when I saw Carrie's card this week, I fell in love with it. The little scalloped layers peeking out are fantastic! The lovely little flowers and that teeny tiny bow all made me say wow. I love this interpretation of the sketch! Congratulations, Carrie, for being my pick for Perfect Princess this week!

Cindy's Choice
Debbie's bright, clean colors were what first caught my attention, but the fine paper piercing is what sold me. This is an incredibly beautiful creation with careful attention to details and that's why I choose Debbie as my pick for Perfect Princess this week. Congratulations Debbie!

Lauris Choice
Linda - Oop a doodle


Another tough week, with so many wonderful cards! Linda's card stood out for me for its fresh design! The color combination of black and bashful blue is SO wintry! This little snowman is just the cutest little guy! Her attention to detail with the sentiment and ribbon adds just the perfect tough! Linda is my choice for Perfect Princess this week! Congratulations Linda!

Linda's Choice
Adriana of Escape2stamp

The white block in the middle of Adriana's card sets off the main image and sentiment perfectly! Her ruffled ribbon is a wonderful accent that anchors the focal point beautifully! But what I found the most interesting about Adriana's card this week is the background. She created a faux wood panel with different colored ink pads and the result is stunning! Congratulations Adriana for being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Lesley's Choice

Janet's gorgeous card stood out to me this week because of that big, bold blossom! I love how it is centred and the main focus of the card!  The Burlap leaf is awesome, such a fabulous touch that made this card a winner for me. I also loved the simple flagged sentiment and the clean, crisp layers she sponged wth brown ink.  Congratulations Janet on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!
And Our Queen of Clean this week is:

LeAnne of Wee Inklings
PP72-LeAnne
There were so many beautiful entries this week that I wish I could have chosen ten queens! Unfortunately I could only pick one and after much debate, I chose LeAnne's gorgeous Christmas card. Now I must confess that I have never been a fan of Always Artichoke, but LeAnne managed to make me love it (and need it) with this card. I love the texture of her card from the embossing folder and around around the frame. They work beautifully with the stamped image and middle panel. The Cherry Cobbler seam binding and glittery brad are the perfect finishing touches! Congratulations, LeAnne, on being the Queen of Clean this week!

Join us on Wednesday for a brand new sketch from Linda!!  We look forward to see you all soon!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, thanks for the Queen pick this week! After scrolling through the all the fabulous winners, I couldn't imagine that I was one too! Rita, your sketch was super and I enjoyed playing very much! Looking forward to a new one this week!

Debbie said...

Wow, thanks for picking my card! The sketch was fun to work with.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Thanks so much, Tui!!! Mwah :)