Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Winners For Sketch #8

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge! We were blown away by all the wonderful submissions! Thank you to Holly Endress for joining us this week as our featured designer! The Clean Team has chosen some talented Princesses for you this week!!!

The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Jen's Choice

There were a lot of things that jumped out at me when I saw this wonderful card. The first thing was the bright colors in the diamond patterned paper. Then there was the fabulously colored sentiment. And finally, the lovely felt butterfly sealed the deal for me! It gives the whole card some unexpected texture and is set off beautifully by the dark pearl pin. Congratulations, Noora, on being a Perfect Princess this week!


Rita's Choice
Photobucket

Can you saw wow?! That's what I said when I saw this absolutely gorgeous Christmas card! I absolutely love the mix of papers and that image? So beautifully colored and wonderful. The ribbon and stitching are the perfect embellishments; they compliment the feel of the card, but still allow the main image to be the star. Chupa, thank you for sharing this amazing card with us and congratulations on being my Perfect Princess for the week.

 

Linda's Choice

We had some amazing entries this week at Freshly Made Sketches! Suzanne's card stood out to me because of its simple beauty. The wheat tied with black twine is a wonderful image for the season. And I am a huge fan of white on white matting - such a classy detail! The pop of orange and the bit of sparkle add to the holiday charm. Congratulations, Suzanne, on being my pick for Perfect Princess this week!


Tui's Choice

What a lovely Christmas card Susie created here ... I was instantly drawn to that beautiful 3D tree, how super does it look in all its glory - but what makes it special to me is that it can sit flat, which means easy postage! I also loved the mixture of patterned papers - it reminded me of all the various gift wraps around and under the tree ready to dive into and open!!! Congratulations Susie on being my pick for Perfect Princess!


Cindy's Choice
Susan Joyce - Cat's Ink Corporated
No question about it... this is a WOW! card. Susan created this card with careful attention to the details. Probably what impressed me the most about this card is the way that the coloring with the Perfect Pearls shows against the deep blue background. That small dab of color really draws the eye to the focal point. Beautifully done! Congratulations, Susan! You're my pick for Perfect Princess this week!

Jennifer's Choice
Cindy Beach at Stamps, Paper, and Ink

What a happy, snowy Christmas card this is!! Cindy has created an amazing snowman with the lovely coloring and fabulous colors. The little snowflakes with the rhinestones are a fantastic addition. But I have to say that the little peek-a-boo window is what made me say wow. I love the little surprise inside...a special detail guaranteed to bring smiles! Congratulations Cindy on being my Perfect Princess pick for this week!

Holly's Choice
Andrea at EnchantINK
I love the Butterflies on Andrea's card.. We all know I'm a sucker for Butterflies but she did a fabulous job creating her own Pattern Paper as well. The color combo is just perfect to use with a set like this. The bling she added to the Butterfly and the Scalloped circle really tie it all together.Congratulation, Andrea, on being my Perfect Princess for the week!

And Our Queen of Clean this week is:

Lesley's Choice:
Julie Lacey of Stamps and Taxes

TSGDAY3_102711_JMKL

Wow, what a wonderful week of submissions! There were so many amazing cards but my mind kept being drawn back to Julie's amazing card! The details blew me away! First of all I loved the bold fresh colours for Christmas and the crisp clean design! The pattern paper, the stitching and the fun ribbon treatment, highlighted with a simple white ribbon flower and rhinestone created one amazing card! It is Christmas done in a bold, fun way and I love it!

Congratulations, Julie! You're the Queen of Clean this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thank you for joining us! Tomorrow we will be back with Sketch #9 and our two Guest Designers for November!

Smiles,



6 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Thank you, and congrats to all! :)

None None said...

Congratulations, everyone - beautiful cards indeed!

Julie said...

Thank you so much! Glad I found this sketch blog!! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Thanks' Cindy for picking my card as a Perfect Princess and your kind words. Congratulation's to everyone.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! I am doing a little happy dance! Thanks so much for this lovely surprise! As soon as my computer is fixed I will make sure I post my award. Big hugs Andrea xxx

Cindy Beach said...

Thanks so much! I loved the sketch and all your gorgeous samples! You've made my day with this sweet news.